May the spirit of the Lord fill your home this Easter and all the rest of your days. I hope that Easter will give you a reason to celebrate and enjoy the resurrection of life. Happy Easter!Wishing you a very Happy Easter that is filled with plenty of love and happiness.
-The CRG Texas Team
CRG Texas offices will be closed Friday, April 19, 2019 and will reopen on Monday, April 22, 2019.
COCONUT MACAROON NESTS
Here’s what you will need:
4 egg whites
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package (14 ounces) sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
70-90 mini candy eggs
- Begin by preheating your oven to 300 degrees F. Coat the cups in a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs whites, salt, and sugar to combine. Then, with a fork, mix in the coconut.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture into each prepared mini muffin cup.
- Lightly press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup. (Use your thumb or a wine cork.) Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden on top. (Loosely place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pan if the coconut starts to brown too quickly.)
- Let the nests cool in the tins on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then run a spatula around the edges of the muffin cups to loosen the nests. Carefully lift out the nests and allow them to cool completely.
- With the melted chocolate in a piping bag (or plastic baggie with a corner cut off), pipe a small amount of chocolate into each nest. Add 2 or 3 candy eggs and press them gently to secure.
Pack and store in an air-tight container.